Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Simple

For some time now I have been thinking of ways to make our life a bit simpler. In this day, everything is done right at this moment, and hardly do we ever just stop and look around.
I have taught my children that everything has to be done right at that moment. So now I am going to let go of some "control" and just let things happen a bit more naturally, and thus a bit more simply.


Yule is coming and I am going more towards hand making more of the gifts that will be placed under the yule tree.
I have been finding so much inspiration:
For an artist book for each of the children
Dolls for the girls
and doll clothes to go with them.
I am not saying that I will not buy them things from the stores, but I would love for them to have things that I make for them...not just junk.
I am also going to take a bunch of their drawings, and embroider them! What a lovely idea.
"I'm living so far beyond my income
that we may almost be said to be living apart."
- E. E. Cummings


I really do think that we can live a bit more simply, and not be some driven for the latest of everything! Money is tight, and with our pending move back to Washington state, we really need to save.
I also want to teach my children that to slow down, and just enjoy the day means that you will get more out of life.

"Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you." – Lao Tzu

1 comment: